Wednesday, May 07, 2014

The beginning of the end my son

 Roman legionaries advance into contact but are held in place by fierce fighting from the Celts.
 
 As the swamp seemed to come to life with thousands of angry voices and swarms of javelins, the whole Roman line was met and engaged.

 Another footnote in the rules had been missed and its emergence was helping to give the Celts a bit more staying power. When warbands charge in CoE they get another attack dice for every two men in the front rank, now my guys could hold their own, well at least for a while. Bloody long spears.

 For once the engaged Romans were being held and what was more they were about to be flanked. The Roman general started to shift uncomfortably in his saddle and look behind for a way out.
 On the right of the valley the Celts were holding their own too, more to do with amazing lucky dice rolls than anything else. However, with two spare Roman cohorts with nothing to do it was only a matter of time.
The Warband in the marshes was struggling forward, they had been forced to wait and they wanted to wet their spears with Roman blood.

3 comments:

DeanM said...

Great looking figures and game - I've never played CoE before, but the battle looks good and I see your figures are multi-based as mine, so may give it a try someday.

Rank Bajin said...

Magic mate! Been a while since you've put on a game - still as inspiring!
Roy

Alandre said...

I always turn to Vampire any time I want to. I became a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to anybody. at the snack of my finger things are made happen. I am now a Powerful Man and no one steps on me without an apology. I turn to Human beings also at any time I want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my Town. I became a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduced me into a Vampire Kingdom by giving me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com